The MAVEN Project
Last Revised: June 30, 2016
Use of Your Personal Data
The MAVEN Project
Attn: Laurie Green, MD, President & CEO
3838 California St #316
San Francisco, CA 94118
- A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at the address and phone number above.
- Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.“Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us.
If you click on a link to submit a donation via our Site, a third party payment processor (“Third Party Processor”) will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, donation amount, and billing information. When you make a donation, the Third Party Processor’s terms and policies will apply, including the Third Party Processor’s privacy and data gathering practices.
If you provide us feedback, request information regarding The MAVEN Project or volunteer opportunities, join our newsletter distribution list, or otherwise contact us, we will collect Personal Data from you, such as your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. This information may be shared with third parties who help process and respond to your email.
- Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including yourbrowser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Site to our users’ needs.
– Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
- Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
- General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data to:
send you materials or information that you have requested;
notify you of other communications that may be of interest to you;
process donations, including via a third party service provider;
provide improved administration of our Site;
provide updated features and enhancements to our Site;
send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and
send newsletters and other marketing and promotional materials related to our mission.
- User Testimonials and Feedback. We may receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our organization. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Site and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Your Choices Regarding Information.You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Site:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to provide services in connection with our Site, including but not limited to, facilitating donations or receiving technical support for our Site.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Site for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to view all portions of the Site.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth above. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.